The map above shows the percentage of voters in each state who voted in the 2016 presidential election but didn’t vote for either Hillary or Trump.
In 8 states more than 10% of the voting population cast a ballot for someone other than Hillary or Trump.
- Utah: 27%
- Idaho: 13.25%
- Vermont: 13.05%
- Alaska: 12.17%
- New Mexico: 11.7%
- Wyoming: 10.97%
- Oregon: 10.84%
- Washington: 10.63%
At the other extreme, in 5 states less than 4% of the voting population cast votes for a candidate other than Hillary or Trump.
- Mississippi – 1.95%
- Florida – 3.16%
- Louisiana – 3.46%
- Alabama – 3.56%
- Georgia – 3.59%
You can see the full breakdown by state here.
For more maps about the 2016 presidential election see:
- If “Did Not Vote” Had Been A Candidate In The 2016 US Presidential Election, It Would Have Won By a Landslide
- 2016 US Presidential Election Map By County & Vote Share
For some books on the 2016 election have a look at:
- Defying the Odds: The 2016 Elections and American Politics
- Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign
- Devil’s Bargain: Steve Bannon, Donald Trump, and the Nationalist Uprising
Find this map interesting? Please help us by sharing it:
Eureka Springs says
Love these maps and link-share them often. Been wondering if any 2018 maps would pop up here.
Thanks again. Nice work.