Given how popular the Probability of a White Christmas Across Europe map turned out to be, we were happy to find that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has created a similar map for the United States.
The map simply shows the historic odds of there being more than 1 inch of snow on the ground on December 25th across the United States and is not a prediction for this year.
Unsurprisingly, the probability increases the closer you are to Canada and the higher your elevation, with both the Rocky and Sierra Nevada mountain ranges clearly visible on the map.
Want a white Christmas but live in an area that’s unlikely to get any snow? Then the following map help:
- White Christmas (Diamond Anniversary Edition DVD)
- White Christmas (song download)
- FloraCraft, 4 Liters, Plastic Snow
- Be Amazing Insta-Snow Jar, Makes 2 Gallons
- Thomas Kinkade Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town Musical Snowglobe Train Car by The Bradford Exchange
Enjoy this post? Then please help us by sharing it with a friend: