While the 49th parallel is often thought of as the border between the US and Canada, the vast majority of Canadians (roughly 72%) live below it, with 50% of Canadians living south of 45°42′ (45.7 degrees) north or the red line above.
Toronto (43°42′N) and Montreal (45°30′N), Canada’s biggest and second biggest cities respectively, both lie just below the line as does Ottawa (45°25′N), the capital and 4th largest city.
If you’d like to learn more about Canada have a look at the following books:
- How to Move to Canada: A Primer for Americans
- So, You Want to Be Canadian: All About the Most Fascinating People in the World and the Magical Place They Call Home
- The U.S. of EH?: How Canada Secretly Controls the United States and Why That’s OK
- Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader Weird Canada
- Lonely Planet Discover Canada (Travel Guide)
Enjoy this map? Then please share it with a friend: