- 🗺️ The 13th century Hereford Mappa Mundi is orientated with East at the top, which is why it looks nothing like the actual world.
- 🗺️ There are no oceans, and only three continents, And THIS is supposed to be Britain!
- 🌍 Ptolemy’s map of the known world in 100 AD challenges the idea that ancient civilizations lacked scientific knowledge.
- 🗺️ The Hereford Mappa Mundi seeks to portray a global Christian hegemony by charting the history of creation, the soul’s journey to the afterlife, and predicting the end of the world.
The Hereford Mappa Mundi is a medieval map that reflects the Christian worldview and beliefs of the time, rather than an accurate representation of the world.
- 00:00 🗺 The 13th century Hereford Mappa Mundi is a map that looks nothing like the actual world because it was orientated with East at the top.
- 00:31 🗺️ Mappa Mundi is a confusing map with no oceans, three continents, and inaccurate locations.
- 00:57 🗺 Ptolemy created an impressive map of the world in 100 AD using limited equipment, proving they were not as ignorant as they may seem.
- 01:19 🗺️ The Hereford Mappa Mundi is a representation of a global Christian worldview, guiding the soul’s journey to the afterlife and predicting the end of the world.